Please ask a member of our team about our delicious weekly specials, from 6pm daily.
Upcoming events open/close
Fursty Ferret is coming back, are you mad ferr-et?
Discover all the Hall & Woodhouse pubs near you on our free app for Android or Apple devices or go to our Pub Finder and pop in to enjoy a pint of Fursty Ferret whilst stocks last August-September.
The sweet nutty palate, hoppy aroma and subtle hint of Seville oranges have made this tawny amber ale a firm favourite with Badger beer drinkers. So much so, that Fursty Ferret returns as a seasonal cask beer for August and September, available from next week!
The Beach House Westover Services
The Beach House is situated on the edge of the New Forest, nestled 200 yards from the beach and boasts breath-taking view of the Isle of Wight and the Needles.
The Hotel has 15 well-appointed en-suite rooms, which are made up of charming and comfortable singles, twins, doubles and family rooms. All of our rooms come with tea and coffee facilities and free Wi-Fi, as well as a flat screen TV for your entertainment.
All rooms include a full English breakfast in the morning, which is freshly cooked to order and served from 8.00 till 10am. Check in on arrival day is from 3pm while checkout is 10.30am, giving you time to enjoy breakfast and prepare for the day ahead.
Hall & Woodhouse Charity of the Year
Hall & Woodhouse Charity of the Year
Every two years Hall & Woodhouse nominates a charity to support for two years; between 2011 & 2013 the company supported Naomi House, a children’s hospice based just outside Winchester, raising over £225,000. Since 2013 Hall & Woodhouse has been raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support totalling over £240,000.
Team Members from the brewery and public houses have held events and completed challenges big and small to raise as much money as possible for these worthwhile causes. Some of the highlights of the last two years include:
• Blandford Beer Festival
• Abseil down the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth
• South West Coast Path Walk
• Running Great South Run
• Running London Marathon
• Portishead £10k in a day
• Raffles, quizzes and summer garden parties
• Charity Football Tournament
• Macmillan’s ‘World’s biggest coffee morning’
Chrissie Wathen-Neal, Fundraising Manager for Macmillan Cancer Support, said: “We are thrilled to receive this magnificent sum which will make such a difference to so many people who are living with cancer. It has been exciting working in partnership with Hall & Woodhouse and I would like to say a massive thank-you to every single one of their houses that contributed to this total, and to all their directors, staff and customers”.
Lucinda Gray, Hall & Woodhouse Charity Champion comments “To have raised so much money for two very worthwhile charities over the last four years is amazing. I’d like to thank everyone for all their hard work and dedication and we’re all looking forward to the selection of our charity for the next two years”.
Hall & Woodhouse is now in search of the next charity to support for the next two years, so if you know of a worthwhile local charity let them know, the criteria Hall & Woodhouse is looking for in its next company charity are:
• Charity must be able to demonstrate reasonable representation or operation across our trading area (Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent and London).
• If charities only operate in one or two of these counties, applicants can team up with other similar charitable organisations operating over different counties (up to a maximum of 4 organisations) in order to demonstrate reasonable representation or operation across our trading area.
• The closing date for applications is the 30th September 2015
Anthony Woodhouse, Hall & Woodhouse Managing Director, comments “We are really proud to have raised so much for such fantastic charities over the last four years. Hopefully by supporting these causes, we can in some small way improve the lives of people in the communities in which we operate. We are now looking for the next charity(s) to support. If you would like to be considered, I would be delighted to hear from you at email@example.com”.
To make a booking, please follow these easy steps:
• Have a chat with our ‘Christmas Elf’ about your requirements.
• To confirm booking, we need a non-refundable (sorry!) deposit per person of £5 for a Christmas Celebration and £15 for a Christmas and Boxing
Day Celebration. All children’s deposits are £5.
• Where possible, please pop by to pay your deposit in person as our elf may be busy when you call.
• Payment in full is required by 2nd December for all Christmas Day and Boxing Day bookings.
• Where we have an early evening booking, we may book out the table for another party later in the evening.
• To deliver the best service to all our guests, we regret that we are unable to split party bills into individual bills.
• Promotional offers are not valid when dining from this menu.
• An optional service charge of 10% will be added to parties of 6 or more, which goes directly to the team who serve you.
Our Early Bird Christmas Discounts
• 10% discount available for parties of 4 or more when you book a table for the three course Christmas Celebration Menu before the 30th September and dine by the 11th December.
• We know how hard it is to organise a Christmas Party (herding cats comes to mind!) so, by way of a thank you to the party organiser, for parties of 8 or more we’re giving £20 of H&W vouchers for you to use after January 1st 2016.